To stay up to date with the latest in the sheep farming industry to may check out our sheep farming latest news. On the other hand if you’re new to sheep rearing and desire to start professional sheep rearing now download a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A lot of individuals never think of rearing sheep as pets, they only think of raising sheep as a form of milk plus meat production. When you are one of those farmers who want to rear sheep as a pet then you are at the right place because this article will provide you with information about how to be a happy sheep farmer.
When talking about good natured animals there is no other animal like sheep. They will are loved by the elderly and children. They will can be entertaining to raise and can teach young children how to be responsible people.
Below are some tips in how to raise these animals:
– The 1st thing to consider when starting to raise sheep is your funds. You need to invest a whole lot of money in buying fencing, building a sheep house, vaccinating your sheep and feeding your livestock.
– You should have enough space for your sheep to graze on. The land must also be enough to accommodate all of your livestock. If you rely upon pasture then having a lot of land is a must, but once you do not have enough land you may feed your sheep hay or any other feeds that is suitable for sheep.
– Deciding what type of breed you want to raise is the next step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy sheep are recommended as farm pets but some other breed can do if you take care of them.
– You should be sure to get more then 1 lamb reason being sheep are sociable livestock and like living with other sheep. Your sheep can be mixed (males and females), but if you do not want your sheep to reproduce you can get your males neutered.
– The sheep must be kept safe. You can do this by constructing a livestock house and fencing it good. The fencing will keep out harmful predators such as dogs and foxes that can kill your sheep.
– Make it a point that your sheep are well feed as well. Sheep like consuming grass, weeds plus clover. You may also bring an animal medical practitioner every once in a while to check on your livestock and make it a point they are getting the right amount of nutrients.
Being a happy livestock owner needs one to take care of your sheep. Give them good protection, supply them with food and clean water on daily basis.