To be up to date with the latest in the sheep rearing industry to may visit our sheep rearing latest news. On the other hand if you are new to sheep rearing and would like to start professional sheep rearing today get a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A whole lot of individuals never dream of raising sheep as domestic pets, they only dream of raising sheep as a form of milk plus meat production. But once you are one of those folks who want to raise sheep as a pet then you are at the right place reason being this article will give you guidelines how to be a happy lamb owner.
When referring to good natured livestock there is not any other animal like sheep. They are loved by the elderly and kids. That they can be entertaining to raise and can teach your kids how to be responsible humans.
Here are some tips in how to raise these animals:
– The first thing to consider when starting to rear sheep is your finances. You need to invest a whole lot of money in buying fencing, constructing a sheep house, vaccinating your sheep and feeding your livestock.
– You should have enough space for your livestock to graze on. The land should also be enough to support all of your livestock. If you rely upon pasture then having enough land is a must, but once you don’t have enough land you can feed your sheep hay or any other feeds that is suited to sheep.
– Deciding what type of breed you want to farm is your following step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy sheep are recommended as domestic pets but any other breed can do as long as you manage them.
– You should be sure you get more then one lamb reason being sheep are sociable livestock and like coping with other sheep. Your lamb can be mixed (males and females), but if you do not want your sheep to reproduce you can get your males neutered.
– The sheep must be kept secure. This can be done by constructing a livestock house and fencing it as well. The fencing will keep out unwanted predators like dogs and fox that can kill your lamps.
– Make sure your sheep are well feed as well. Lamb like eating green grass, weeds and clover. You can also bring a vet every once in a while to check on your lamb and make it a point they are getting the right amount of nutrients.
Being a happy sheep farmer needs one to manage your sheep. Give them good shelter, provide them with food and clean water on daily basis.