To be updated with the latest in the sheep farming industry to can check out our sheep farming latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting sheep farming and would like to start professional sheep farming now download a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A lot of people never think of raising sheep as household pets, they only dream of farming sheep as a form of milk and meat production. But if you are one of those farmers who wish to rear lamb as an animal then you are at the right place because this article will provide you with information how to be a happy lamb farmer.
When speaking about good natured animals there is absolutely no other livestock like sheep. They will are loved by the elderly and children. That they can be entertaining to improve and can teach your kids how to be responsible people.
Below are some guidelines in how to farm these animals:
– The 1st thing to know when starting to raise sheep is your budget. You must invest a whole lot of money in purchasing fencing, building a sheep house, vaccinating your livestock and feeding your lamb.
– You should have enough space for your livestock to graze on. The land must also be enough to accommodate all of your sheep. If you depend on pasture then having a lot of land is a must, but if you do not have enough land you can feed your sheep hay or any other feeds that is suitable for sheep.
– Deciding what type of breed you want to raise is your next step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy sheep are recommended as domestic pets but any other breed can do as long as you take care of them.
– You should ensure you get more then 1 sheep reason being sheep are sociable livestock and like sticking together with other sheep. Your sheep can be mixed (males and females), but if you don’t desire your lambs to breed you can get the male ones neutered.
– Your lamps should be kept safe. You can do this by constructing a livestock house and fencing it as well. The fencing will keep out harmful predators such as dogs and foxes that can harm your sheep.
– Make sure your livestock are well feed as well. Lamb like eating grass, weeds plus clover. You may also bring an animal medical practitioner every once in a while to test your sheep and make it a point they are getting the right amount of nutrients.
Becoming a content sheep farmer requires one to take care of your lamb. Give them good protection, give them food and clean water on daily basis.