To stay updated with the latest in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand in case you are starting pigeon farming and would like to begin professional pigeon farming now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence and various, unique colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal military during World War II? This birds’ talents are exceptional; they are reliable and do travel quick. But today, these characteristics of the pigeon are not trusted.
If supplied with proper care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will clearly love them. However, before deciding to raise one or a number of these birds, you must take to account the following; these will direct you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, have to be treated with respect plus love. These kinds of birds also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to purchase, these birds be sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful birds. Be ready for certain requirements these birds need if you wish to own one.
3. In the event you decide to get or use a pigeon, be sure to consider its housing. Ideally, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like humans to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and to maintain their performance and great health, you must provide them pigeon foods. Foods which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available all the time, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have pores and skin nor are capable of sweating that is why they can easily be affected by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons ingest lots of food that is why you can expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at all times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to breed these wild birds, or are aiming to participate on pigeon sports. Be sure to provide your pigeons vitamins to improve their performance and reinforce their immune systems.
7. It is also highly recommended to release the pigeons from their coops when the weather is nice. Certainly not too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons will be able to stretch their wings that will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your birds only when they are competed in going back to their house. If releasing them is not practical then you can offer a flying pen in which the pigeons could travel a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, be sure you have a basin full of water where your birds may take a bath. These will help the birds to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is easy; just be responsible enough. Give me them appropriate love and care and you will discover that pigeons are great pets.