To stay updated with the latest in the pigeon farming industry to may visit our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you’re beginning pigeon farming and would like to start professional pigeon raising today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence and different, unusual colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal military during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are reliable and do travel quick. But nowadays, these qualities of the pigeon are not trusted.
If furnished with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great pets! You would clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to raise one or a number of these birds, you should take to account the following; these will guide you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, have to be treated with respect plus love. These creatures also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to purchase, these birds be sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to look after these wonderful birds. Be ready for certain requirements these birds need if you would like to own one.
3. In case you decide to acquire or use a pigeon, make sure to consider its shelter. Ideally, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to maintain their health and performance.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. These birds are not fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and to maintain their performance and good health, you should provide them pigeon foods. Foods that are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must also be available at all times, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons do not have epidermis nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can easily be affected by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons ingest a lot of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at at most times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with parasites and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you are planning to breed these birds, or are looking to indulge on pigeon sports. Be certain to provide your pigeons vitamins to boost their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also advisable to release the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is fine. Not really too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds should be able to stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Make it a point to release your birds only if they are competed in going back to their coops. If letting them go is not ideal then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could travel a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, be sure to have a basin filled with water where your pigeons can take a bath. These will assist the pigeons to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.