To be updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand in case you’re beginning pigeon farming and desire to begin professional pigeon raising today download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus different, unique colors. And can you believe they were also considered as loyal military during World War II? The pigeons’ talents are exceptional; they are reliable and can travel fast. But nowadays, these traits of the pigeon are not trusted.
If provided with the right care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great birds! You will clearly adore them. However, before deciding to raise 1 or a great number of birds, you must consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these great birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, have to be treated with respect plus love. These birds also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these creatures make certain that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful animals. Be ready for certain requirements these birds need if you want to own one.
3. If you decide to acquire or use a pigeon, make sure to consider its housing. Ideally, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like humans to keep up their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. These birds ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and also to maintain their performance and great health, you should provide them pigeon foods. Foods that are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have skin pores nor are capable of sweating that is why they may easily be afflicted by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons take in a lot of food that is why you can expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at all times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with illnesses and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these wild birds, or are looking to participate on pigeon sports. Be certain to give your birds vitamins to boost their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also advisable to release the pigeons from their house when the weather is fine. Certainly not too hot or freezing. In this way, the birds will be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only if they are competed in going back to their coops. If letting them go is not practical then you provide a flying pen where the pigeons could take flight a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, make sure you have a basin packed with water where your pigeons can take a bath. This will help the pigeons to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the health of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Just give them good love and treatment and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.