To be updated with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to may check out our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting pigeon raising and would like to begin professional pigeon raising today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence and various, unusual colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal troops during World War II? The pigeons’ talents are exceptional; they are trust worthy and do travel quick. But today, these characteristics of the pigeon are not trusted.
If provided with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You would certainly love them. However, before deciding to own one or a great number of birds, you should take to account the following; these will direct you in taking care of these great birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, have to be treated with respect and love. These types of creatures also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Before deciding to purchase, these creatures make certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful birds. Be ready for certain requirements these birds require if you need to own one.
3. If you decide to purchase or use a pigeon, make certain to consider its housing. Preferably, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like human beings to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and to maintain their performance and good health, you should give them pigeon foods. Food which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available constantly, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons don’t have pores and skin nor are capable of sweating that is why they can easily be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons ingest lots of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce plenty of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at all times. This will prevent being infected with illnesses and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you are planning to reproduce these birds, or are looking to indulge on pigeon sports. Be certain to provide your pigeons vitamins to improve their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also highly recommended to produce the pigeons from their coops when the weather is fine. Not too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons should be able to stretch their wings that will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTE: Be sure to release your pigeons only if they are trained in heading back to their house. If releasing them is not ideal then you can offer a flying pen in which the pigeons could fly a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, ensure you have a basin packed with water where your birds may take a bath. These will help the birds to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Give me them good love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.