To stay up to date with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to can check out our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting pigeon raising and desire to begin professional pigeon farming today download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence plus different, unusual colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal military during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are reliable and can travel fast. But nowadays, these characteristics of the pigeon are not trusted.
If furnished with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will certainly love them. However, before making up your mind to raise one or a number of these birds, you should consider the following; these will direct you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, require to be treated with respect and love. These kinds of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to purchase, these creatures be certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful animals. Be ready for certain requirements these birds require if you want to own one.
3. If you decide to buy or use a pigeon, be sure to consider its housing. Preferably, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like humans to maintain their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons ain’t fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and to maintain their performance and good health, you should give them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must be available all the time, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have epidermis nor are able of sweating that is why they can simply be damaged by heat.
5. Keep to account, healthy pigeons consume a lot of food that is why you can expect that they will also produce plenty of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at at most times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with illnesses and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to breed these birds, or are trying to engage on pigeon sports. End up being certain to provide your pigeons vitamins to enhance their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to release the pigeons from their coops when the weather is nice. Certainly not too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons should be able to stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only if they are been trained in going back to their house. If letting them go is not practical then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, ensure you have a basin packed with water where your pigeons may take a bath. These will help the birds to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and attention and you will discover that pigeons are amazing pets.