To stay updated with the latest information in the sheep rearing industry to may visit our sheep rearing latest news. On the other hand if you are new to sheep rearing and desire to start professional sheep rearing now get a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A lot of folks never think of rearing sheep as pets, they only think of raising sheep as a form of milk plus meat production. But if you are one of those people who wish to raise lamb as a pet then you are at the right place reason being this article provides you with information how to be a happy sheep owner.
When speaking about good natured livestock there is no other animal like sheep. That they are loved by the elderly and children. That they can be entertaining to boost and can teach your kids how to be responsible people.
Below are some tips in how to raise these animals:
– The first thing to consider when starting to raise sheep is your budget. You need to invest a lot of cash in purchasing fencing, building a sheep house, vaccinating your sheep and feeding your livestock.
– You need to have enough space for your sheep to graze on. The land must also be enough to accommodate all of your sheep. If you depend on pasture then having enough grazing land is a must, but if you do not have enough land you can feed your livestock hay or any other feeds that is well suited for sheep.
– Deciding what type of breed you want to raise is your next step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy lamb are recommended as pets but any other breed can do if you manage them.
– You must make sure you get more then 1 sheep because sheep are interpersonal animals and like living with other sheep. Your lamb can be mixed (males and females), but if you do not desire your lambs to breed you can get your males neutered.
– Your lamps should be kept secure. You can do this by building a livestock house and fencing it as well. The fencing will keep out unwanted predators such as dogs and fox that can eat your sheep.
– Make sure your livestock are well feed as well. Lamb like eating green grass, weeds plus clover. You may also bring an animal medical practitioner every once in a while to check on your sheep and make sure they may be getting the right amount of nutrients.
Becoming a content sheep farmer requires you to care for your lamb. Give them good protection, provide them with food and clean water on daily basis.