To stay up to date with the latest in the pigeon raising industry to can visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you’re new to pigeon raising and desire to start professional pigeon farming now download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence and different, unusual colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal soldiers during World War II? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and do travel fast. But nowadays, these characteristics of the pigeon are not trusted.
If supplied with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will certainly adore them. However, before deciding to own one or a number of these birds, you should consider the following; these will direct you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, need to be treated with respect and love. These kinds of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these birds make certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to look after these wonderful birds. Be ready for certain requirements these birds need if you need to own one.
3. If you decide to get or use a pigeon, make certain to consider its housing. Essentially, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to keep up their health and performance.
4. Clean food and clean water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you should give them pigeon foods. Foods which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available all the time, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have skin pores nor are able of sweating that is why they may easily be damaged by heat.
5. Keep to account, healthy pigeons take in a lot of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce lots of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent being infected with illnesses and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to reproduce these wild birds, or are trying to indulge on pigeon sports. Be sure to provide your pigeons vitamins to enhance their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also highly recommended to produce the pigeons from their coops when the weather is nice. Not really too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds should be able to stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTE: Make it a point to release your birds only if they are trained in heading back to their house. If releasing them is not ideal then you provide a flying pen where the pigeons could travel a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, be sure to have a basin filled with water where your birds may take a bath. This will assist the birds to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your pet pigeons.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Give me them appropriate love and treatment and you will discover that pigeons are great pets.