To stay up to date with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to may check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting pigeon farming and would like to start professional pigeon raising now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus various, unusual colors. And would you believe they were at times also considered as loyal soldiers during World War 2? The pigeons’ talents are exceptional; they are reliable and do travel fast. But today, these traits of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If supplied with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You would certainly love them. However, before making up your mind to raise 1 or a number of these birds, you should consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these great birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, require to be treated with respect plus love. These types of birds also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Before deciding to buy, these creatures be certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful birds. Be ready for the needs these birds need if you want to own one.
3. If you decide to buy or use a pigeon, make certain to consider its shelter. Ideally, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to maintain their health and performance.
4. Clean food and water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you must provide them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available at all times, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons do not have skin pores nor are able of sweating that is why they can simply be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons consume lots of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce plenty of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at at most times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with parasites and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these wild birds, or are trying to indulge on pigeon sports. Be sure to provide your pigeons vitamins to boost their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to produce the pigeons from their coops when the weather is fine. Certainly not too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons can stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Make it a point to release your birds only if they are competed in heading back to their house. If releasing them is not practical then you can provide a flying pen where the pigeons could take flight a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, ensure you have a basin packed with water where your birds may take a bath. This will help the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; just be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and care and you will discover that pigeons are great pets.