To be updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to may check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting pigeon raising and desire to begin professional pigeon raising today download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence and various, unique colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal military during World War 2? This birds’ talents are exceptional; they are trust worthy and do travel quick. But nowadays, these qualities of the pigeon are not trusted.
If supplied with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great birds! You will certainly adore them. However, before making up your mind to own 1 or a great number of birds, you should consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, need to be treated with respect plus love. These types of birds also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these birds make sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful animals. Be ready for certain requirements these birds need if you would like to own one.
3. If you decide to purchase or own a pigeon, be sure to consider its shelter. Ideally, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to keep their health and performance.
4. Clean food and water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. These birds are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and also to maintain their performance and great health, you should give them pigeon foods. Foods that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available all the time, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have pores and skin nor are able of sweating that is why they can certainly be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons consume a lot of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce lots of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at all times. This will prevent them from being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to breed these birds, or are aiming to indulge on pigeon sports. End up being sure to give your birds vitamins to improve their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also advisable to release the pigeons from their house when the weather is fine. Certainly not too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds should be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only when they are been trained in going back to their house. If letting them go is not practical then you can offer a flying pen where the pigeons could fly a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, be sure to have a basin filled with water where your pigeons can take a bath. These will assist the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Just give them good love and care and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.