Category Archives: Pigeons
To stay updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand if you’re beginning pigeon farming and desire to start professional pigeon raising today download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence plus different, unique colors. And can you believe they were also considered as loyal military during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and can travel fast. But nowadays, these traits of the pigeon are not trusted.
If supplied with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will certainly adore them. However, before making up your mind to own one or a great number of birds, you must take to account the following; these will direct you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, have to be treated with respect plus love. These kinds of creatures also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these creatures make sure that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful birds. Be ready for the needs these birds need if you would like to own one.
3. In case you decide to acquire or own a pigeon, be sure to consider its housing. Ideally, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to maintain their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. These birds are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you must give them pigeon foods. Food which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available constantly, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have skin pores nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can easily be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons take in lots of food that is why you can expect that they will also produce lots of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at all times. This will prevent them from being infected with illnesses and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to breed these wild birds, or are trying to engage on pigeon sports. End up being certain to give your pigeons vitamins to improve their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to release the pigeons from their coops when the weather is fine. Not too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons can stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only if they are been trained in heading back to their house. If letting them go is not practical then you can offer a flying pen where the pigeons could travel a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, be sure to have a basin full of water where your birds may take a bath. These will assist the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the health of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is easy; just be responsible enough. Give me them appropriate love and treatment and you will discover that pigeons are great pets.