To be updated with the latest in the sheep rearing industry to may visit our sheep rearing latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting sheep farming and desire to start professional sheep farming now download a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A whole lot of people never dream of rearing sheep as pets, they only think of raising sheep as a form of milk and meat production. But if you are one of those farmers who would like to raise sheep as an animal then you are at the right place reason being this article will give you information on how to be a happy lamb owner.
When referring to good natured livestock there is no other livestock like sheep. They are loved by the elderly and kids. They can be entertaining to improve and can teach young children how to be responsible humans.
Below are some guidelines in how to raise these animals:
– The 1st thing to consider when beginning to rear sheep is your budget. You need to invest a lot of money in buying fencing, constructing a sheep house, vaccinating your lamb and feeding your lamb.
– You should have enough space for your lamps to graze on. The land must also be enough to accommodate all of your livestock. If you be based upon pasture then having enough grazing land is a must, but once you do not have enough land you can feed your livestock hay or any other feeds that is well suited for sheep.
– Choosing what type of breed you want to raise is the next step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy lamb are recommended as pets but some other breed can do if you look after them.
– You must make sure you get more then 1 sheep because sheep are social livestock and like coping with other sheep. Your sheep can be mixed (males and females), but if you don’t want your sheep to reproduce you can get your males neutered.
– Your lamps must be kept safe. This can be done by building a livestock house and fencing it as well. The fencing will keep out harmful predators like dogs and fox that can eat your livestock.
– Make it a point that your sheep are well feed as well. Lamb like consuming grass, weeds plus clover. You may also bring an animal medical practitioner every once in a while to check on your sheep and make sure they are getting the right amount of nutrients.
As being a content livestock owner needs one to look after your sheep. Give them good refuge, provide them with food and clean water on daily basis.