To stay updated with the latest information in the sheep rearing industry to can visit our sheep farming latest news. On the other hand in case you are new to sheep rearing and desire to start professional sheep farming today download a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A lot of men and women never think of raising sheep as domestic pets, they only think of farming sheep as a form of milk plus meat production. But if you are one of those farmers who wish to raise sheep as a pet then you are at the right place reason being this article will provide you with guidelines about how to be a happy lamb farmer.
When talking about good natured livestock there is absolutely no other animal like sheep. That they are loved by the elderly and children. That they can be entertaining to improve and can teach your kids how to be responsible.
Here are some tips in how to rear these animals:
– The first thing to consider when beginning to raise sheep is your funds. You need to invest a lot of money in buying fencing, constructing a lamb house, vaccinating your lamb and feeding your sheep.
– You ought to have enough space for your sheep to graze on. The land must also be enough to accommodate all of your livestock. If you depend on pasture then having a lot of land is a must, but if you do not have enough land you may feed your livestock hay or any other feeds that is well suited for sheep.
– Determining what type of breed you want to farm is your following step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy sheep are recommended as farm pets but any other breed can do if you take care of them.
– You must be sure you get more then 1 lamb because sheep are social livestock and like sticking together with other sheep. Your lamb can be mixed (males and females), but if you don’t want your lambs to breed you can get your males neutered.
– The lamps should be kept secure. This can be done by building a livestock house and fencing it good. Fencing will keep out unwanted predators like dogs and foxes that can eat your livestock.
– Make it a point that your sheep are well feed as well. Sheep like consuming green grass, weeds plus clover. You may also bring an animal medical practitioner every once in a while to test your sheep and make it a point they are getting the right amount of nutrients.
As being a happy sheep farmer needs you to look after your sheep. Give them good refuge, supply them with food and clean water on everyday.