To stay updated with the latest in the sheep farming industry to may visit our sheep rearing latest news. On the other hand in case you’re beginning sheep rearing and desire to begin professional sheep farming today download a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A whole lot of men and women never dream of raising sheep as domestic pets, they only think of raising sheep as a form of milk plus meat production. When you are one of those farmers who would like to raise lamb as a pet then you are at the right place because this article will give you guidelines on how to be a happy sheep owner.
When talking about good natured livestock there is not any other animal like sheep. That they are loved by the elderly and children. They will can be entertaining to boost and can teach young children how to be responsible people.
Below are some guidelines in how to raise these animals:
– The 1st thing to consider when starting to raise sheep is your finances. You need to invest a whole lot of money in buying fencing, constructing a lamb house, vaccinating your livestock and feeding your livestock.
– You should have enough space for your lamps to graze on. The land should also be enough to accommodate all of your livestock. If you be based upon pasture then having enough land is a must, but once you don’t have enough land you can feed your livestock hay or any other feeds that is ideal for sheep.
– Choosing what type of breed you want to raise is your next step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy sheep are recommended as farm pets but any other breed can do so long as you look after them.
– You must be sure to get more then one lamb because sheep are social livestock and like living with other sheep. Your lamb can be mixed (males and females), but if you do not desire your lambs to reproduce you can get the male ones neutered.
– Your livestock must be kept secure. You can do this by constructing a livestock house and fencing it as well. The fencing will keep out unwanted predators like dogs and foxes that can kill your sheep.
– Make it a point that your lamps are well feed as well. Lamb like eating green grass, weeds plus clover. You may also bring a vet every once in a while to check on your livestock and make sure they may be getting the right amount of nutrients.
As being a happy livestock owner requires one to take care of your lamb. Give them good protection, supply them with food and clean water on daily basis.