To stay updated with the latest information in the sheep farming industry to may check out our sheep farming latest news. On the other hand if you are beginning sheep rearing and would like to start professional sheep farming today download a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A lot of men and women never dream of raising sheep as domestic pets, they only dream of raising sheep as a form of milk and meat production. But once you are one of those folks who wish to raise lamb as a pet then you are at the right place reason being this article will provide you with guidelines how to be a happy lamb owner.
When talking about good natured animals there is not any other animal like sheep. They are loved by the elderly and children. They can be entertaining to raise and can teach your kids how to be responsible people.
Here are some guidelines in how to farm these animals:
– The 1st thing to know when starting to rear sheep is your funds. You have to invest a lot of money in buying fencing, building a sheep house, vaccinating your lamb and feeding your sheep.
– You need to have enough space for your livestock to graze on. The land should also be enough to support all of your livestock. If you rely upon pasture then having enough grazing land is a must, but once you don’t have enough land you can feed your livestock hay or any other feeds that is well suited for sheep.
– Deciding what type of breed you want to raise is your next step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy sheep are recommended as pets but any other breed can do as long as you take care of them.
– You should make sure you get more then 1 lamb reason being sheep are social livestock and like sticking together with other sheep. Your sheep can be mixed (males and females), but if you do not desire your sheep to reproduce you can get the male ones neutered.
– The livestock must be kept safe. You can do this by constructing a sheep house and fencing it as well. Fencing will keep out harmful predators such as dogs and fox that can harm your livestock.
– Make sure your lamps are well feed as well. Lamb like eating green grass, weeds and clover. You can also bring an animal medical practitioner every once in a while to test your livestock and make it a point they may be getting the right amount of nutrients.
Being a happy sheep farmer needs you to care for your lamb. Give them good protection, provide them with food and clean water on everyday.