To stay updated with the latest information in the sheep farming industry to can visit our sheep farming latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting sheep farming and would like to start professional sheep rearing now download a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A whole lot of individuals never dream of rearing sheep as pets, they only think of raising sheep as a form of milk and meat production. But once you are one of those people who want to raise lamb as an animal then you are at the right place because this article will give you information on how to be a happy sheep owner.
When referring to good natured livestock there is no other animal like sheep. That they are loved by the elderly and kids. That they can be entertaining to raise and can teach your kids how to be responsible.
Here are some tips in how to farm these animals:
– The 1st thing to consider when starting to raise sheep is your finances. You have to invest a great deal of money in purchasing fencing, constructing a lamb house, vaccinating your sheep and feeding your sheep.
– You should have enough space for your lamps to graze on. The land must also be enough to accommodate all of your sheep. If you depend on pasture then having a lot of grazing land is a must, but once you do not have enough land you can feed your sheep hay or any other feeds that is ideal for sheep.
– Choosing what kind of breed you want to raise is your next step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy lamb are recommended as pets but any other breed can do as long as you look after them.
– You should be sure to get more then 1 lamb reason being sheep are social animals and like coping with other sheep. Your sheep can be mixed (males and females), but if you do not desire your sheep to breed you can get your males neutered.
– Your sheep should be kept safe. You can do this by building a livestock house and fencing it good. Fencing will keep out unwanted predators like dogs and foxes that can kill your sheep.
– Make sure your sheep are well feed as well. Sheep like consuming grass, weeds and clover. You may also bring an animal medical practitioner every once in a while to check on your livestock and make sure they can be getting the right amount of nutrients.
Becoming a happy sheep owner requires one to take care of your lamb. Give them good shelter, give them food and clean water on daily basis.