To be updated with the latest in the pigeon raising industry to can visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand if you’re new to pigeon raising and desire to begin professional pigeon raising now download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus various, unique colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal troops during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are reliable and can travel fast. But nowadays, these characteristics of the pigeon are not trusted.
If supplied with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will certainly love them. However, before making up your mind to raise one or a number of these birds, you should take to account the following; these will direct you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, have to be treated with respect and love. These birds also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these creatures be sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful animals. Be ready for the requirements these birds require if you wish to own one.
3. If you decide to get or own a pigeon, be sure to consider its housing. Essentially, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to maintain their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and to maintain their performance and great health, you must provide them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons do not have epidermis nor are able of sweating that is why they may easily be damaged by heat.
5. Keep to account, healthy pigeons ingest lots of food that is why you can expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at all times. This will most certainly prevent them from being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you’re planning to breed these wild birds, or are aiming to engage on pigeon sports. Be sure to give your birds vitamins to enhance their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also highly recommended to discharge the pigeons from their house when the weather is fine. Certainly not too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds will be able to stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only when they are trained in going back to their house. If letting them go is not practical then you provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, be sure to have a basin packed with water where your birds may take a bath. This will assist the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Just give them good love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are amazing pets.