To be up to date with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to may visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting pigeon raising and would like to start professional pigeon raising today download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence plus various, unique colors. And can you believe they were also considered as loyal soldiers during World War II? The pigeons’ talents are exceptional; they are reliable and do travel quick. But nowadays, these qualities of the pigeon are not trusted.
If supplied with the right care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great birds! You will clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to raise one or a number of these birds, you must take to account the following; these will direct you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, have to be treated with respect and love. These types of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to purchase, these creatures be certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful birds. Be ready for certain requirements these birds require if you would like to own one.
3. In the event you decide to acquire or use a pigeon, make sure to consider its shelter. Preferably, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them also to maintain their performance and good health, you should give them pigeon foods. Food which are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must also be available constantly, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have epidermis nor are able of sweating that is why they can certainly be afflicted by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons consume lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at all times. This will prevent them from being infected with parasites and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these wild birds, or are trying to engage on pigeon sports. Be certain to give your birds vitamins to enhance their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also recommended to discharge the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is fine. Not really too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds will be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only if they are trained in going back to their coops. If letting them go is not practical then you provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, make sure you have a basin packed with water where your pigeons may take a bath. This will help the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; just be responsible enough. Give me them appropriate love and treatment and you will get to know that pigeons are amazing pets.