To stay up to date with the latest in the pigeon raising industry to can visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you’re new to pigeon farming and desire to start professional pigeon raising now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence and different, unique colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal military during World War II? This birds’ talents are exceptional; they are trust worthy and can travel fast. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If provided with proper care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are amazing pets! You would certainly adore them. However, before making up your mind to raise one or a great number of birds, you must consider the following; these will direct you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, have to be treated with respect and love. These kinds of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these birds be sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful animals. Be ready for certain requirements these birds need if you need to own one.
3. In the event you decide to buy or own a pigeon, be certain to consider its shelter. Ideally, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like humans to keep up their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you should provide them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have epidermis nor are able of sweating that is why they can certainly be affected by heat.
5. Keep to account, healthy pigeons consume a lot of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at at most times. This will most certainly prevent them from being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to breed these birds, or are aiming to participate on pigeon sports. Be certain to provide your pigeons vitamins to boost their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to release the pigeons from their coops when the weather is fine. Certainly not too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons should be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Be sure to release your pigeons only if they are competed in going back to their coops. If letting them go is not ideal then you can provide a flying pen where the pigeons could travel a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, make sure you have a basin packed with water where your pigeons can take a bath. This will assist the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your birds.
General, taking care of pigeons is easy; just be responsible enough. Give me them good love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are amazing pets.