To stay updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to can visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand if you are beginning pigeon farming and would like to start professional pigeon raising today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence plus various, unique colors. And would you believe they were at times also considered as loyal soldiers during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and can travel quick. But nowadays, these characteristics of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If supplied with the right care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will certainly love them. However, before making up your mind to own 1 or a great number of birds, you must consider the following; these will direct you in taking care of these great birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, have to be treated with respect and love. These kinds of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to purchase, these birds make certain that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful birds. Be ready for the needs these birds require if you want to own one.
3. In the event you decide to get or use a pigeon, make certain to consider its housing. Ideally, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons need a house just like human beings to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons ain’t fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them also to maintain their performance and great health, you must provide them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must also be available constantly, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have pores and skin nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can simply be affected by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons consume lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent them from being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to breed these wild birds, or are looking to indulge on pigeon sports. End up being sure to provide your birds vitamins to boost their performance and reinforce their immune systems.
7. It is also recommended to produce the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is nice. Not too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds will be able to stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Be sure to release your birds only when they are been trained in going back to their coops. If letting them go is not practical then you provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could travel a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, make sure you have a basin full of water where your birds can take a bath. These will help the pigeons to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the health of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and treatment and you will discover that pigeons are great pets.