To be up to date with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to can check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand in case you are new to pigeon farming and desire to begin professional pigeon farming today download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus various, unique colors. And would you believe they were at times also considered as loyal troops during World War II? The pigeons’ talents are exceptional; they are reliable and do travel fast. But nowadays, these qualities of the pigeon are not trusted.
If provided with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You would clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to own 1 or a great number of birds, you must consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, need to be treated with respect and love. These types of creatures also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to purchase, these birds make certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful birds. Be ready for the requirements these birds need if you wish to own one.
3. If you decide to get or own a pigeon, make certain to consider its housing. Ideally, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to keep their health and performance.
4. Clean food and water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and maintain their performance and great health, you should give them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons don’t have pores and skin nor are capable of sweating that is why they may easily be afflicted by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons consume lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce lots of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at at most times. This will most certainly prevent them from being infected with parasites and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these birds, or are aiming to participate on pigeon sports. End up being sure to provide your birds vitamins to enhance their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to release the pigeons from their coops when the weather is fine. Certainly not too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons can stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTE: Be sure to release your birds only if they are trained in going back to their coops. If releasing them is not practical then you provide a flying pen where the pigeons could travel a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, make sure you have a basin packed with water where your birds can take a bath. These will help the pigeons to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your pet pigeons.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and treatment and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.