To be updated with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to can visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you are new to pigeon raising and would like to start professional pigeon raising now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus various, unique colors. And can you believe they were also considered as loyal soldiers during World War II? The pigeons’ talents are great; they are reliable and do travel fast. But nowadays, these traits of the pigeon are not trusted.
If supplied with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are great pets! You will certainly love them. However, before deciding to own one or a number of these birds, you must consider the following; these will direct you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, need to be treated with respect and love. These birds also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Before deciding to purchase, these birds make sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful birds. Be ready for certain requirements these birds require if you would like to own one.
3. If you decide to acquire or use a pigeon, make sure to consider its shelter. Ideally, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to maintain their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and clean water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. These birds ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and also to maintain their performance and good health, you must provide them pigeon foods. Food which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available constantly, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons don’t have skin pores nor are able of sweating that is why they can certainly be afflicted by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons ingest lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent them from being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to reproduce these birds, or are aiming to participate on pigeon sports. Be certain to give your pigeons vitamins to boost their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also advisable to release the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is nice. Certainly not too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds will be able to stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only when they are been trained in going back to their house. If letting them go is not practical then you provide a flying pen where the pigeons could travel a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, make sure you have a basin full of water where your pigeons may take a bath. This will assist the birds to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; just be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are amazing pets.