To be up to date with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you are beginning pigeon farming and would like to start professional pigeon raising today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence and different, unusual colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal soldiers during World War 2? The pigeons’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and do travel quick. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If furnished with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are great pets! You will clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to own 1 or a great number of birds, you should take to account the following; these will direct you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, need to be treated with respect plus love. These birds also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Before deciding to buy, these birds make certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful animals. Be ready for the requirements these birds need if you wish to own one.
3. In the event you decide to purchase or use a pigeon, be certain to consider its shelter. Ideally, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like human beings to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and clean water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and also to maintain their performance and great health, you must give them pigeon foods. Foods which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have skin pores nor are able of sweating that is why they can easily be damaged by heat.
5. Keep to account, well pigeons consume lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at all times. This will most certainly prevent them from being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these wild birds, or are aiming to participate on pigeon sports. Be sure to provide your pigeons vitamins to enhance their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also recommended to produce the pigeons from their house when the weather is fine. Certainly not too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons should be able to stretch their wings that will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Be sure to release your birds only if they are been trained in heading back to their coops. If releasing them is not ideal then you can offer a flying pen where the pigeons could take flight a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, be sure to have a basin packed with water where your pigeons may take a bath. These will help the birds to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; you just have to be responsible enough. Give me them appropriate love and attention and you will discover that pigeons are amazing pets.