To stay updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you are new to pigeon farming and desire to begin professional pigeon raising now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence and various, unique colors. And would you believe they were at times also considered as loyal troops during World War II? The pigeons’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and can travel quick. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are not trusted.
If furnished with proper care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great pets! You will clearly love them. However, before deciding to raise one or a great number of birds, you should consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, require to be treated with respect plus love. These types of birds also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Before deciding to buy, these birds make certain that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful animals. Be ready for the needs these birds require if you wish to own one.
3. If you decide to buy or use a pigeon, be certain to consider its shelter. Preferably, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like human beings to maintain their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons ain’t fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and also to maintain their performance and great health, you should give them pigeon foods. Foods that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available all the time, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have epidermis nor are capable of sweating that is why they can simply be affected by heat.
5. Keep to account, well pigeons ingest lots of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at all times. This will prevent them from being infected with illnesses and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to reproduce these birds, or are trying to participate on pigeon sports. Be sure to provide your birds vitamins to boost their performance and reinforce their immune systems.
7. It is also advisable to discharge the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is fine. Certainly not too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons can stretch their wings that will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only when they are trained in heading back to their coops. If releasing them is not practical then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, be sure you have a basin packed with water where your birds may take a bath. This will help the pigeons to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the health of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and care and you will get to know that pigeons are amazing pets.