To stay updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you are beginning pigeon farming and would like to start professional pigeon raising now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus various, unusual colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal soldiers during World War 2? The pigeons’ talents are exceptional; they are reliable and do travel quick. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are not trusted.
If provided with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You would clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to raise one or a number of these birds, you should consider the following; these will direct you in taking care of these great birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, require to be treated with respect plus love. These birds also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to buy, these birds make sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful birds. Be ready for certain requirements these birds require if you want to own one.
3. If you decide to buy or own a pigeon, be certain to consider its housing. Preferably, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. These birds are not fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and also to maintain their performance and great health, you should give them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must be available all the time, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have epidermis nor are capable of sweating that is why they may easily be damaged by heat.
5. Keep to account, healthy pigeons consume lots of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce lots of waste. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at at most times. This will most certainly prevent them from being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to breed these birds, or are looking to indulge on pigeon sports. End up being certain to provide your birds vitamins to enhance their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to release the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is nice. Certainly not too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons will be able to stretch their wings that will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Be sure to release your birds only if they are trained in heading back to their house. If releasing them is not practical then you can offer a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, be sure to have a basin filled with water where your birds can take a bath. These will assist the pigeons to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your pet pigeons.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; you just have to be responsible enough. Give me them good love and treatment and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.