To be up to date with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to can visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you are starting pigeon farming and would like to start professional pigeon farming now download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus different, unusual colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal military during World War II? The pigeons’ talents are great; they are reliable and can travel fast. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If supplied with proper care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing your stress and fatigue. They are great birds! You would certainly love them. However, before making up your mind to raise one or a number of these birds, you should consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, require to be treated with respect plus love. These types of creatures also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to buy, these birds make certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful birds. Be ready for certain requirements these birds need if you need to own one.
3. In case you decide to buy or use a pigeon, make sure to consider its housing. Essentially, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and to maintain their performance and great health, you should provide them pigeon foods. Foods which are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must also be available all the time, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have epidermis nor are capable of sweating that is why they can certainly be damaged by heat.
5. Keep to account, healthy pigeons consume lots of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce plenty of waste. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent them from being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you’re planning to breed these birds, or are trying to engage on pigeon sports. Be certain to provide your pigeons vitamins to enhance their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also recommended to produce the pigeons from their house when the weather is fine. Not too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons can stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Be sure to release your birds only if they are trained in going back to their coops. If letting them go is not practical then you can provide a flying pen where the pigeons could take flight a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, ensure you have a basin packed with water where your pigeons may take a bath. This will assist the pigeons to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
General, taking care of pigeons is easy; just be responsible enough. Just give them good love and treatment and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.