To be updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to may visit our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you are beginning pigeon farming and would like to begin professional pigeon raising today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence and different, unusual colors. And would you believe they were at times also considered as loyal soldiers during World War 2? The pigeons’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and can travel fast. But nowadays, these traits of the pigeon are not trusted.
If furnished with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing pets! You will clearly love them. However, before deciding to own one or a great number of birds, you should consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these great birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, need to be treated with respect plus love. These creatures also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to purchase, these birds make certain that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful animals. Be ready for the needs these birds require if you want to own one.
3. In the event you decide to purchase or use a pigeon, make certain to consider its shelter. Preferably, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like humans to maintain their health and performance.
4. Clean food and water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. These birds ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and to maintain their performance and great health, you must provide them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available all the time, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have pores and skin nor are in a position of sweating that is why they may easily be affected by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons consume a lot of food that is why you can expect that they will also produce lots of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to breed these wild birds, or are trying to indulge on pigeon sports. Be sure to provide your birds vitamins to improve their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also highly recommended to produce the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is nice. Not really too hot or freezing. In this way, the birds will be able to stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Make it a point to release your birds only when they are been trained in heading back to their coops. If releasing them is not practical then you provide a flying pen where the pigeons could fly a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, make sure you have a basin packed with water where your pigeons can take a bath. This will assist the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; you just have to be responsible enough. Give me them appropriate love and care and you will get to know that pigeons are amazing pets.