To stay updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to may check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand in case you are beginning pigeon raising and desire to begin professional pigeon farming today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus various, unusual colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal soldiers during World War II? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and can travel fast. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If furnished with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will certainly adore them. However, before making up your mind to own 1 or a number of these birds, you must take to account the following; these will guide you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, require to be treated with respect and love. These types of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to purchase, these birds make sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful animals. Be ready for the needs these birds need if you wish to own one.
3. If you decide to buy or own a pigeon, make sure to consider its shelter. Preferably, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to maintain their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you should provide them pigeon foods. Food which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available at all times, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have skin pores nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can simply be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons ingest lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce lots of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at all times. This will prevent being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these birds, or are looking to engage on pigeon sports. Be sure to provide your pigeons vitamins to improve their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also advisable to release the pigeons from their house when the weather is nice. Not really too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons will be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Be sure to release your pigeons only when they are trained in heading back to their house. If letting them go is not ideal then you provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, make sure you have a basin filled with water where your pigeons can take a bath. These will help the birds to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Give me them good love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.