To stay updated with the latest in the pigeon farming industry to may visit our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you’re beginning pigeon farming and desire to begin professional pigeon raising now download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus different, unique colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal military during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and do travel fast. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are not trusted.
If furnished with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great pets! You will clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to raise one or a number of these birds, you should consider the following; these will direct you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, require to be treated with respect and love. These types of birds also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Before deciding to buy, these birds make sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to look after these wonderful animals. Be ready for the needs these birds need if you wish to own one.
3. If you decide to buy or own a pigeon, be certain to consider its shelter. Ideally, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to keep their health and performance.
4. Clean food and water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. These birds ain’t fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you must give them pigeon foods. Foods that are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have pores and skin nor are able of sweating that is why they can easily be affected by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons take in lots of food that is why you can expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at all times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to breed these birds, or are trying to participate on pigeon sports. Be sure to provide your birds vitamins to improve their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also highly recommended to discharge the pigeons from their house when the weather is nice. Not really too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons will be able to stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Be sure to release your birds only when they are competed in heading back to their coops. If letting them go is not ideal then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, ensure you have a basin filled with water where your birds may take a bath. These will help the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Give me them good love and attention and you will discover that pigeons are amazing pets.