To stay updated with the latest in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you’re beginning pigeon farming and would like to begin professional pigeon farming today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence and different, unique colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal military during World War 2? This birds’ talents are exceptional; they are trust worthy and do travel fast. But nowadays, these characteristics of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If supplied with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great birds! You will certainly adore them. However, before deciding to raise one or a number of these birds, you must take to account the following; these will guide you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, need to be treated with respect and love. These types of birds also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to purchase, these birds make certain that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful animals. Be ready for certain requirements these birds require if you would like to own one.
3. In the event you decide to acquire or use a pigeon, make certain to consider its housing. Ideally, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to maintain their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. These birds ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are trying to breed them also to maintain their performance and good health, you should give them pigeon foods. Foods that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available all the time, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have pores and skin nor are capable of sweating that is why they can certainly be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons take in lots of food that is why you can expect that they will also produce lots of waste. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at at most times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with parasites and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to reproduce these birds, or are trying to participate on pigeon sports. End up being sure to give your pigeons vitamins to enhance their performance and reinforce their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to produce the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is nice. Certainly not too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons can stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Be sure to release your birds only when they are trained in going back to their house. If letting them go is not ideal then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could travel a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, be sure you have a basin filled with water where your birds can take a bath. This will assist the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them good love and attention and you will discover that pigeons are great pets.