To be up to date with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to can visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you are starting pigeon raising and would like to start professional pigeon farming today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence and different, unusual colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal soldiers during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are reliable and can travel fast. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If provided with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will clearly love them. However, before making up your mind to raise 1 or a great number of birds, you must consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these great birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, require to be treated with respect plus love. These creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these creatures make certain that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful animals. Be ready for the needs these birds need if you want to own one.
3. If you decide to purchase or own a pigeon, make certain to consider its shelter. Preferably, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons need a house just like human beings to keep their health and performance.
4. Clean food and water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. These birds are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and to maintain their performance and great health, you must provide them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available at all times, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have epidermis nor are capable of sweating that is why they may easily be affected by heat.
5. Keep to account, healthy pigeons consume a lot of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce plenty of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at all times. This will prevent them from being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to breed these birds, or are aiming to engage on pigeon sports. Be certain to provide your pigeons vitamins to enhance their performance and reinforce their immune systems.
7. It is also recommended to produce the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is fine. Not really too hot or freezing. In this way, the birds will be able to stretch their wings that will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only when they are competed in going back to their house. If releasing them is not practical then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, ensure you have a basin packed with water where your birds may take a bath. These will assist the pigeons to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the health of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Give me them good love and treatment and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.