To stay up to date with the latest in the sheep rearing industry to can visit our sheep rearing latest news. On the other hand if you’re starting sheep farming and desire to start professional sheep farming now get a copy of our how to raise sheep ebook.
A whole lot of folks never think of raising sheep as household pets, they only think of raising sheep as a form of milk plus meat production. But if you are one of those farmers who would like to raise sheep as a pet then you are at the right place because this article provides you with information how to be a happy lamb farmer.
When talking about good natured livestock there is absolutely no other animal like sheep. They are loved by the elderly and children. That they can be entertaining to raise and can teach young children how to be responsible.
Below are some tips in how to raise these animals:
– The first thing to know when beginning to rear sheep is your funds. You need to invest a whole lot of money in buying fencing, constructing a sheep house, vaccinating your lamb and feeding your livestock.
– You ought to have enough space for your livestock to graze on. The land must also be enough to accommodate all of your livestock. If you rely upon pasture then having enough land is a must, but once you do not have enough land you may feed your livestock hay or any other feeds that is well suited for sheep.
– Deciding what type of breed you want to farm is the next step. Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy lamb are recommended as farm pets but some other breed can do so long as you care for them.
– You must make sure you get more then 1 lamb reason being sheep are social livestock and like living with other sheep. Your lamb can be mixed (males and females), but if you do not desire your sheep to reproduce you can get your males neutered.
– Your livestock should be kept safe. You can do this by constructing a sheep house and fencing it good. The fencing will keep out unwanted predators like dogs and fox that can kill your sheep.
– Make sure your lamps are well feed as well. Sheep like consuming green grass, weeds plus clover. You may also bring an animal medical practitioner every once in a while to check on your sheep and make it a point they may be getting the right amount of nutrients.
As being a content livestock owner requires one to care for your sheep. Give them good refuge, give them food and clean water on daily basis.