To stay up to date with the latest in the pigeon raising industry to can visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you’re starting pigeon farming and would like to start professional pigeon raising now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence plus various, unusual colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal military during World War II? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and can travel fast. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are not trusted.
If furnished with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing pets! You will clearly love them. However, before deciding to own one or a number of these birds, you must consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, have to be treated with respect plus love. These creatures also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to purchase, these creatures make sure that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful birds. Be ready for the needs these birds need if you need to own one.
3. In case you decide to acquire or use a pigeon, make sure to consider its shelter. Preferably, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to keep their health and performance.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. These birds are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them also to maintain their performance and great health, you should give them pigeon foods. Foods which are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must also be available all the time, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have pores and skin nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can certainly be afflicted by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons take in lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent them from being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these wild birds, or are looking to indulge on pigeon sports. Be certain to provide your birds vitamins to enhance their performance and reinforce their immune systems.
7. It is also recommended to discharge the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is nice. Not really too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons should be able to stretch their wings that will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only if they are been trained in going back to their coops. If releasing them is not practical then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, be sure to have a basin filled with water where your pigeons can take a bath. These will assist the birds to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and care and you will discover that pigeons are amazing pets.