To stay updated with the latest in the pigeon raising industry to can visit our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you’re beginning pigeon raising and would like to begin professional pigeon farming now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence plus various, unique colors. And can you believe they were also considered as loyal soldiers during World War 2? The pigeons’ talents are great; they are reliable and do travel fast. But nowadays, these traits of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If provided with the right care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are amazing pets! You will clearly adore them. However, before deciding to own 1 or a great number of birds, you should take to account the following; these will guide you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, need to be treated with respect and love. These birds also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these birds be sure that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful birds. Be ready for the needs these birds require if you wish to own one.
3. In the event you decide to acquire or own a pigeon, be certain to consider its shelter. Preferably, you must already create a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to keep up their health and performance.
4. Clean food and drinking water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons ain’t fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you should give them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must also be available constantly, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons don’t have pores and skin nor are capable of sweating that is why they can easily be afflicted by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons consume a lot of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent them from being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these birds, or are looking to engage on pigeon sports. Be sure to give your pigeons vitamins to improve their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also advisable to release the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is nice. Certainly not too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds will be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Be sure to release your birds only when they are trained in going back to their coops. If releasing them is not ideal then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could travel a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, ensure you have a basin packed with water where your birds may take a bath. This will assist the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your pet pigeons.
General, taking care of pigeons is easy; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are amazing pets.