To stay up to date with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to may visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you are new to pigeon farming and desire to begin professional pigeon raising now download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence and different, unique colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal troops during World War II? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and do travel fast. But today, these characteristics of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If supplied with the right care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing your stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You will certainly love them. However, before deciding to own one or a number of these birds, you must take to account the following; these will guide you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, have to be treated with respect and love. These creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Before deciding to buy, these creatures make certain that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful birds. Be ready for the requirements these birds need if you would like to own one.
3. In case you decide to purchase or use a pigeon, be sure to consider its shelter. Ideally, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to keep their health and performance.
4. Clean food and drinking water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. These birds ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you must give them pigeon foods. Foods which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available constantly, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons don’t have skin pores nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can simply be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons take in lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at all times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you are planning to breed these wild birds, or are aiming to participate on pigeon sports. Be certain to provide your birds vitamins to boost their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also highly recommended to discharge the pigeons from their coops when the weather is fine. Not really too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons will be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only when they are competed in going back to their house. If letting them go is not practical then you can offer a flying pen where the pigeons could travel a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, be sure to have a basin filled with water where your pigeons can take a bath. These will help the birds to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your pet pigeons.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and care and you will discover that pigeons are great pets.