To stay up to date with the latest in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand in case you’re new to pigeon farming and desire to begin professional pigeon raising today download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence and different, unique colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal troops during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and can travel fast. But nowadays, these traits of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If furnished with the right care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing your stress and fatigue. They are great pets! You will clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to own one or a great number of birds, you should take to account the following; these will direct you in taking care of these great birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, have to be treated with respect plus love. These types of birds also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Just before deciding to buy, these creatures make sure that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to manage these wonderful birds. Be ready for the requirements these birds require if you want to own one.
3. In case you decide to buy or use a pigeon, be certain to consider its shelter. Essentially, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to maintain their health and performance.
4. Clean food and water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you should give them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available all the time, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have epidermis nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can certainly be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons ingest lots of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at all times. This will most certainly prevent them from being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you are planning to breed these birds, or are trying to indulge on pigeon sports. Be sure to give your birds vitamins to improve their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to release the pigeons from their coops when the weather is fine. Not really too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds can stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTE: Be sure to release your birds only when they are competed in going back to their house. If letting them go is not practical then you provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could travel a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, be sure to have a basin packed with water where your birds may take a bath. This will assist the pigeons to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; just be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and care and you will discover that pigeons are amazing pets.