To be up to date with the latest in the pigeon farming industry to can check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand in case you are beginning pigeon raising and desire to start professional pigeon raising now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence and various, unusual colors. And can you believe they were also considered as loyal soldiers during World War 2? This birds’ talents are exceptional; they are trust worthy and can travel quick. But nowadays, these characteristics of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If provided with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You would clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to raise 1 or a great number of birds, you must take to account the following; these will guide you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, require to be treated with respect plus love. These kinds of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to buy, these birds make certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful animals. Be ready for the needs these birds require if you need to own one.
3. In the event you decide to get or own a pigeon, be sure to consider its shelter. Essentially, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to maintain their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons ain’t fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and to maintain their performance and great health, you should provide them pigeon foods. Foods which are processed and are specifically made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have pores and skin nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can simply be affected by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons ingest lots of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce plenty of waste. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also require vitamins. If you are planning to breed these wild birds, or are aiming to engage on pigeon sports. Be certain to provide your pigeons vitamins to improve their performance and reinforce their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to produce the pigeons from their coops when the weather is nice. Not too hot or too cold. In this way, the birds can stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Make it a point to release your pigeons only if they are competed in going back to their coops. If releasing them is not ideal then you provide a flying pen where the pigeons could fly a bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, ensure you have a basin full of water where your birds may take a bath. This will assist the birds to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your pet pigeons.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; just be responsible enough. Just give them good love and care and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.