To stay updated with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to may check out our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you’re new to pigeon farming and would like to begin professional pigeon farming now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence plus various, unusual colors. And would you believe they were at times also considered as loyal troops during World War 2? This birds’ talents are exceptional; they are trust worthy and can travel quick. But today, these traits of the pigeon are not trusted.
If provided with proper care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great birds! You will clearly love them. However, before deciding to own one or a great number of birds, you must consider the following; these will direct you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, require to be treated with respect plus love. These birds also have life thus pigeons don’t deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to buy, these creatures make sure that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful animals. Be ready for the requirements these birds require if you need to own one.
3. If you decide to purchase or own a pigeon, make sure to consider its shelter. Essentially, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like humans to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop all the time. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will consume just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are trying to breed them also to maintain their performance and good health, you must give them pigeon foods. Foods that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot conditions. Pigeons do not have pores and skin nor are able of sweating that is why they can certainly be affected by heat.
5. Keep to account, healthy pigeons take in lots of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce lots of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at at most times. This will prevent them from being infected with illnesses and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these birds, or are looking to engage on pigeon sports. End up being sure to provide your birds vitamins to enhance their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also a good idea to discharge the pigeons from their coops when the weather is nice. Certainly not too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons can stretch their wings which will promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTE: Be sure to release your pigeons only if they are trained in heading back to their house. If letting them go is not ideal then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could travel a lttle bit and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, be sure you have a basin filled with water where your birds can take a bath. These will assist the birds to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.