To be up to date with the latest in the pigeon farming industry to may visit our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand in case you’re beginning pigeon raising and would like to begin professional pigeon farming now get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence and different, unusual colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal troops during World War 2? This birds’ talents are great; they are trust worthy and do travel fast. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If furnished with the right care and love, pigeons would never fail in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are great birds! You would clearly adore them. However, before making up your mind to raise 1 or a great number of birds, you should take to account the following; these will guide you in taking care of these wonderful birds.
1. Pigeons, just like human beings, need to be treated with respect plus love. These types of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to buy, these birds make sure that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful birds. Be ready for the requirements these birds require if you want to own one.
3. If you decide to buy or use a pigeon, make certain to consider its housing. Preferably, you must already establish a home for the pigeon before even buying one. Pigeons desire a house just like humans to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and clean water should be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. Pigeons are not fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or anything you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them also to maintain their performance and great health, you must provide them pigeon foods. Food that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have skin pores nor are in a position of sweating that is why they can simply be affected by heat.
5. Keep to account, well pigeons consume lots of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce plenty of waste material. Keep the pigeon’s coop or pen clean at all times. This will prevent them from being infected with parasites and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these birds, or are aiming to engage on pigeon sports. Be sure to give your pigeons vitamins to improve their performance and strengthen their immune systems.
7. It is also recommended to release the pigeons from their coops when the weather is nice. Not really too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons should be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. NOTICE: Make it a point to release your birds only when they are competed in heading back to their house. If releasing them is not practical then you can provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could travel a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, make sure you have a basin full of water where your birds may take a bath. This will assist the pigeons to prepare in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the health of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is simple; you just have to be responsible enough. Give me them appropriate love and care and you will discover that pigeons are amazing pets.