To stay updated with the latest information in the pigeon farming industry to may visit our pigeon raising latest news. On the other hand if you are new to pigeon farming and would like to begin professional pigeon raising today get a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are admired for their intelligence plus different, unique colors. And would you believe they were also considered as loyal military during World War II? This birds’ talents are exceptional; they are reliable and do travel quick. But today, these traits of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If furnished with the right care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing your stress and fatigue. They are great pets! You will certainly love them. However, before deciding to raise one or a great number of birds, you should take to account the following; these will direct you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, much like human beings, have to be treated with respect and love. These kinds of creatures also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be violated and exploited.
2. Before deciding to buy, these creatures make certain that you, as an owner, will be responsible enough to care for these wonderful birds. Be ready for the requirements these birds require if you would like to own one.
3. In case you decide to get or own a pigeon, make sure to consider its housing. Preferably, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons desire a house just like human beings to keep up their health and performance.
4. Clean food and drinking water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. These birds are not fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or anything at all you serve, but if you are trying to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you must give them pigeon foods. Foods that are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must be available at all times, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have skin pores nor are capable of sweating that is why they may easily be damaged by heat.
5. Remember, well pigeons ingest a lot of food that is why you could expect that they will also produce plenty of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s house or pen clean at at most times. This will most certainly prevent being infected with illnesses and various diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these wild birds, or are aiming to engage on pigeon sports. End up being certain to provide your pigeons vitamins to enhance their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also recommended to release the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is fine. Not really too hot or too cold. In this way, the pigeons will be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Make it a point to release your birds only if they are been trained in going back to their house. If releasing them is not practical then you provide a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot temperatures, be sure you have a basin filled with water where your pigeons can take a bath. These will help the birds to get ready in shedding their old feathers to new ones assisting in the maintenance of the health of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; you just have to be responsible enough. Just give them appropriate love and treatment and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.