To stay up to date with the latest information in the pigeon raising industry to may visit our pigeon farming latest news. On the other hand in case you are beginning pigeon raising and would like to start professional pigeon farming today download a copy of our how to raise pigeons ebook.
Pigeons are known for their intelligence and different, unusual colors. And can you believe they were at times also considered as loyal troops during World War 2? This birds’ talents are exceptional; they are reliable and can travel quick. But today, these qualities of the pigeon are being overlooked.
If furnished with proper care and love, pigeons would never are unsuccessful in easing ones stress and fatigue. They are amazing birds! You would certainly love them. However, before making up your mind to raise 1 or a number of these birds, you must consider the following; these will guide you in taking care of these beautiful birds.
1. Pigeons, exactly like human beings, need to be treated with respect plus love. These types of birds also have life thus pigeons do not deserve to be treated bad and exploited.
2. Prior to deciding to buy, these birds be certain that you, as a farmer, will be responsible enough to take care of these wonderful birds. Be ready for the requirements these birds need if you would like to own one.
3. In case you decide to get or own a pigeon, make sure to consider its shelter. Preferably, you must already set up a home for the pigeon before even purchasing one. Pigeons need a house just like human beings to keep their health and wellbeing.
4. Clean food and drinking water must be provided at the pigeon pen or pigeon coop everyday. These birds are not fancy eaters so they will eat up just any grain or whatever you serve, but if you are thinking to breed them and maintain their performance and good health, you should provide them pigeon foods. Foods which are processed and are specially made for pigeons. Water must also be available at all times, especially during hot weathers. Pigeons don’t have skin pores nor are in a position of sweating that is why they may easily be affected by heat.
5. Remember, healthy pigeons take in a lot of food that is why you may expect that they will also produce lots of waste materials. Keep the pigeon’s shelter or pen clean at all times. This will prevent being infected with illnesses and different diseases.
6. Pigeons also need vitamins. If you’re planning to reproduce these birds, or are looking to indulge on pigeon sports. End up being certain to provide your birds vitamins to boost their performance and improve their immune systems.
7. It is also highly recommended to release the pigeons from their shelter when the weather is fine. Not too hot or freezing. In this way, the pigeons should be able to stretch their wings that may promote your pigeon’s better circulation. TAKE NOTE: Be sure to release your pigeons only if they are been trained in going back to their coops. If letting them go is not practical then you can offer a flying pen in which the pigeons could take flight a little and stretch their wings.
8. During hot seasons, be sure to have a basin full of water where your pigeons may take a bath. This will assist the pigeons to organize in shedding their old feathers to new ones helping in the maintenance of the wellbeing of your birds.
Overall, taking care of pigeons is easy; you just have to be responsible enough. Give me them good love and attention and you will get to know that pigeons are great pets.